Followers

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Master Styling And Photography Class

May 20, 2012
Wow! Another great day at CWS! Today I competed in the second round of 
a Master Styling contest. The theme of the day was Victorian Tea Party. I really enjoyed styling for this event because it is one of my favorite eras. I always get carried away  with period movies , it's all so addicting to me. I always imagine that I had a past life during that time...lol...sitting around in my gown, hat and gloves, sipping tea at a proper gathering. I love the little things like the way men stood up when a woman entered the room or the  way ladies curtsy'd when greeting or leaving someone. I loved the way they talked! I love the way they were so well read ..I could go on and on but I won't. You get  my point I am sure.
Anyway since the theme was Victorian Tea Party and we are given a bit of liberty I chose to go for the look of Victorian Coutoure. This was me:
The other ladies that were in this round with me were :Liberty Lighthouse ,Janet Brink ,Princess Violeta, Mesange Acacia ,Maggie Spires ,Ania Lenni ,
Eva Madenwald, Sidney Abbot , Lilmama Artis ,Jaylynn Charisma and Babette Upshaw! Talk about lots of talent! I was a bit of a nervous wreck again. I am told by the lovely Liberty that you get less nervous  as the time goes on but I think I am just a bundle of "Omigosh, what if THIS happens ? Or that?" You cannot imagine what you allow to run through your mind when there are 9 amazing models around you, all in cue pose ,looking fab and you suddenly start doubting yourself! I think a lot of us do because it is always SO quiet back stage while we are waiting to walk! I was super relieved my friend Carrie popped up in my chat box to say hello...she kept me pre-occupied almost right until it was time for me to walk.I was a bit more confident this time because I have now had extra training knowing which questions to ask and then the classes at UCWS....it was amazing getting ready knowing extra things to look for that I would not have known before. Steve and Anrol were there today and Tiffani and Laylah also came and judging were the amazing Debbie and Vicky. I have to show you how incredible everyone looked before I tell you the results! I took pics...forgive me for forgetting that I had my environment still set on midnight...lol. 

Doesn't everyone look great?? I wanted to keep my outfit on and go to a different time period sim but you know, sometimes real life intereferes with Second Life...I mean honestly...how dare they? Haha! 
So guess what? Out of this group of amazing models I am one of the eight to move on to the next round!!! I am so excited! Next week we get to style fairytales! What a blast that is going to be!! The seven moving along with me are Liberty Lighthouse, Sidney Abbot, Janet Brink ,Ania Lenni ,Mesange Acacia , Jaylyn Charisma , and Princess Violetta....talk about some stiff competition! I am sure though whoever ends up with the title it will be well deserved. I know you are on the edge of your seats now but don't worry..I will keep you updated! I had class today too with Didier...he teaches us about inworld photography which is perfect for me since I DO inworld photography for avatar portraits and though I  get lots of compliments on my work ,this can only make it better. He is full of great tips and tricks..what a priveledge to be getting lessons from such an amazing photographer. You really should check out his Flickr account. Didier Rascon...fabulous I tell you! Well , it has been a long day for me and we have a busy week ahead so I will be running along for now. Promise I will catch up soon...so many exciting things going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment