Followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My First Week At CWSU and Snow White Styling!

Wow! What a week it has been!
When I joined a contest with Classic With Style: owned by Steve McCullogh and Anrol Anthony, I started
attending free basic trainings that they make available so that you are able to attend and get help with formations and such so that you could do themed styling contests that happen five nights a week at CWS. (Well..Nights for me) First let me say that the trainers are amazing! Debbie, Lisana, Tiffani, Didier, Nina and Laylah sure do put a lot into making sure that you are well prepared. I was amazed at the information I was taking in! I decided that I really enjoyed what I was doing and decided to attend May 2012 classes with their university so that I could begin a modeling career! It has been amazing! I am really loving it. People seem to think that you just put on a hud and model. Oh contraire my friends! It is HARD WORK and yes a LOT goes into it!
What an amazing place CWSU is. I have only been a student for one week and I cannot believe how much I have learned in such a small amount of time. This is not for the faint of heart and if you do what you are taught and asked for homework, it shows you are truly in it to win it when it comes to being a model. I am making new friends in Second Life from fellow models to the awesome trainers. I would definitely recommend CWSU to anyone who is serious about starting a modeling career and being part of something that is "Simply The Best"!!

Aside from Master Styling auditions, I had not done any of the themed styling events until this week.
I participated on Wednesday , May 16, 2012. The theme was Michael Jackson and being a life long fan of his and of his music I just knew I had to enter! This was such an exciting event for me to participate in.
I was devastated by the loss of the legendary musician who was a great humanitarian and I knew I wanted to be earth girl from his amazing earth song video. Saving the planet was a cause Mr.Jackson had taken up later in his life but he really had a passion for it which shows clearly in this video and song so I thought what better way to pay tribute to him ,having the opportunity to do it with my great love of fashion! Music and Fashion..my two greatest loves and I got to use them both as inspiration for my styling that evening. I competed with Ascensions Resident and Love Santiago. I am not going to try to lie..I was a nervous wreck! I ended up having a great time though and walked away with second place. Ascensions won with her interpretation of the pharoas wife from Michael's "Remember The Time Video".
All in all it was a great night :))

Last night I attended an end of the week styling. Theme:Snow White. I have to say that it was lovely..and FUN! I love going to these shows ,there is the entertainment value of course and then I like to see what the other girls are doing. I really would advise you to go to these events if you are interested in modeling or just want  some good fun. If you are interested in modeling , you do learn a lot by watching these girls in action! I won't tell you the things you can learn, I will just advise you to show up for them and see for yourself. I honestly love watching the girls' interpretation of what they are styling. So many original ideas floating around is an inspiration.
Last nights contestants were:
Babbette Upshaw (Go class of May 2012!!)
Ascensions Resident
Sidney Abbott
Karilicious Resident
Lin Carlucci and
Love07 Resident ( A brave new trainee who has jumped head first into styling events!)
Here they all are in their lovely outfits..............

So just imagine standing there  on those red dots, posing away...waiting for the judges results!! Well , if they were nervous it sure didn't show on any of those beautiful faces but I am told that no matter how long you do this, you  will always get a small case of the nerves. Don't worry though, the fun of it all trumps the nerves every time :))
Now,  without further ado , here are last nights winnners:
Taking third place, Miss Sidney Abbott.....second place ,Miss Babette Upshaw and finally our winner ,the lovely Lin Carlucci!! Congratulations ladies, job well done!!!
As you can see, there is a lot to love about CWS and if you  aren't already a part of it and have a love for fashion , then what  are you waiting for? I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment